- noungunsight (a telescopic device for an artillery piece) that can be rotated horizontally in a full circle
* * *noun: a telescopic device for laying an artillery piece for direction that permits the gunner to sight in any direction without moving his head and has an azimuth scale permitting any setting from 0 to 6400 mils
* * *an artillery sight that can be rotated horizontally in a full circle.
* * *panoramic sight nounA gun sight that can be rotated, so enabling the user to fire in any direction• • •Main Entry: ↑panorama
* * *panoramic sight,a periscopic gunsight, usually fitted with a telescopic lens, by which a wide view can be obtained and which may be manipulated to sight in any direction.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
panoramic sight — an artillery sight that can be rotated horizontally in a full circle. * * * … Universalium
panoramic sight — /ˌpænəræmɪk ˈsaɪt/ (say .panuhramik suyt) noun a sight for guns that can be swung in a complete circle … Australian English dictionary
panoramic sight — viewfinder which can rotate a complete circle (Weaponry); wide unbroken view … English contemporary dictionary
Korean Commander's Panoramic Sight — The KCPS, or Korean Commander s Panoramic Sight, is an advanced optical system for the K1A1 main battle tanks in use by the Republic of Korea Army. An improved version of it, along with a newer version of KGPS, or Korean Gunner s Primary Sight,… … Wikipedia
sight — Synonyms and related words: Anschauung, aim, aim at, airscape, amazement, angle, angle of vision, assumption, astonishing thing, astonishment, atrocity, attitude, awe inspiring, baboon, bag, barrel, basis, batch, behold, bend, blemish, blot,… … Moby Thesaurus
sight — n. view 1) to catch; keep sight of 2) to lose sight of 3) at (the) sight (to faint at the sight of blood; to fall in love at first sight) 4) by sight (to know smb. by sight) 5) in, within sight (the ship was no longer in sight) 6) on sight (to… … Combinatory dictionary
gun-sight — noun a sight used for aiming a gun • Syn: ↑gunsight • Hypernyms: ↑sights • Hyponyms: ↑battle sight, ↑battlesight, ↑open sight, ↑panoramic sight, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
Indirect fire — means aiming and firing a projectile in a high trajectory without relying on a direct line of sight between the gun and its target, as in the case of direct fire. Aiming is performed by calculating azimuth and elevation angles, and may include… … Wikipedia
K1 88-Tank — Infobox Weapon name=K1 caption=K1 88 Tank origin=flag|South Korea type=Main battle tank is vehicle=yes manufacturer=Hyundai Rotem unit cost= ₩ 4,500,000,000.00 KRW $ 43,035,000.00 MXN $ 4,066,00.00 USD € 2,870,000.00 EUR designer=General Dynamics … Wikipedia
ISU-152 — The first ISU 152, in the courtyard of Factory No. 100, 1943 Type Self propelled gun Place of o … Wikipedia